With its experience, the AMG AVOCATS firm has developed great expertise in avocat droit des étrangers marseille and nationality law lawyers.


Whether you are in a regular or irregular situation, he implements all legal means to guarantee you respect for your right to stay regardless of your nationality of origin (Marseille foreigners law lawyer).





  • Short or long stay visa
  • Residence permit or certificate of residence for Algerians,
  • Temporary residence authorization (APS),
  • Exceptional admission to the stay,
  • Status change,
  • Family reunion,
  • Obligation to leave the territory (OQTF),
  • Territorial inadmissibility (ITF),
  • Ban on returning to the territory (IRTF),
  • Nationality …


Short stay visa


The short-stay visa or Schengen visa allows you to move freely within the Schengen area for a maximum period of 90 days over a period of 180 days.


This visa can be issued for a single entry (travel visa), or for multiple entries (circulation visa).


To obtain this type of visa, the foreigner must provide proof of the following elements:

  • the reason for the stay
  • a repatriation guarantee;
  • conditions of existence
  • accommodation conditions
  •  taking out health coverage

Note that due to international agreements, nationals of many states are exempt from producing this type of visa (Marseille foreigners law lawyer).


Long stay visa


The  “long stay visa” , also called D visa, is a visa lasting more than three months.


There are several types of long-stay visas depending on the reason for the stay, its duration and the intention to apply for a residence permit to settle permanently in France (Marseille foreigners’ law lawyer).


In all cases, you will have to apply for a residence permit from the prefecture to continue your stay beyond the validity period of your visa (Marseille foreigners law lawyer).


Residence permit


The  residence permit  is an administrative authorization offering a foreigner the possibility of staying regularly on French territory.


Any person who does not have French nationality must apply for a residence permit. This obligation does not concern minors aged 18, unless they wish to exercise professional activities (Marseille foreigners law lawyer).

Algerian nationals are subject to a special regime established by the  Franco-Algerian agreement of December 27, 1968 , modified by the amendment of July 11, 2001.


Temporary residence authorisation


The provisional residence authorization (APS) is a document which allows you to stay exceptionally and temporarily in France without having a residence permit (Marseille foreigners law lawyer).

The provisional residence permit can be issued for several reasons (for care, to work in France following obtaining a diploma, etc.).


The change of status


The change of status is a procedure which allows a foreigner who already resides in France to obtain a residence permit on another basis of the Code of Entry and Stay of Foreigners and the Right to Asylum (CESEDA).

Most often, a change of status is linked to a  change in family or professional situation .


For example, after obtaining their diplomas, students often have to return to practice their profession within their country, despite the professional opportunities obtained in France. To be able to continue to enjoy French benefits, they must apply for a new residence permit, to continue to reside regularly in the territory (Marseille foreigners law lawyer).


Family reunion


Do you live in France with a residence permit and would you like to bring your husband or wife and your minor children to France?

You can apply for family reunification under certain conditions.

You have to :

  • Have resided in France regularly for at least 18 months. For Algerians, this period is 12 months minimum (Franco-Algerian agreement)


  • Have a residence permit of at least one year (excluding talent passport, retired, seasonal). The receipt for the application for renewal of this title can replace it.


The obligation to leave the territory, the inadmissibility of entry and the ban on returning to French territory


The obligation to leave French territory (OQTF) sometimes called “leave” by foreigners is taken by the prefect, particularly in the event of refusal to issue a residence permit or irregular residence (lawyer for foreigners’ law in Marseille).


If you are concerned, the decision requires you to leave France on your own within 30 days. In limited situations, it can also force you to leave France without delay (Marseille foreigners law lawyer).


If you are the subject of an OQTF, the prefect may also order a ban on your return to French territory (IRTF).


The IRTF lasts a maximum of 2 years from the moment you actually left the territory.


The IRTF is an administrative measure. It should not be confused with the ban on French territory (ITF) which is pronounced by the criminal judge as the main or additional penalty against a foreigner who has committed a crime or misdemeanor.


The AMG Avocats firm is competent to cancel all these decisions.



Acquisition of nationality


French nationality can result either from:


  • an attribution by descent (blood law) or by the birth in France of parents born in France (soil law);
  • of an acquisition:


— automatically (example: birth and residence in France)

— by declaration (example: marriage with a French spouse)

— by naturalization decree


Under certain conditions, reinstatement of French nationality is provided for by the civil code.


Material proof of French nationality consists of the certificate of French nationality issued by the chief clerks of the district courts.



The AMG Avocats firm, specializing in foreigners’ law, masters the procedures for regularizing entry into France. He assists and advises you until you obtain a residence permit. If necessary, he is able to carry out the administrative procedures so that your naturalization request is accepted.


Following a removal or expulsion decision, the AMG Avocats firm also has all the expertise to obtain its annulment before the competent courts and ensure your continued presence on French territory on a regular basis.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button